Why “what do I really want” is a never-ending question, and what you can do TODAY to help solve the unsolvable mystery.
Why “what do I really want” is a never-ending question when you're a mompreneur, and what you can do TODAY to help solve the unsolvable mystery.
Why collaborating in your mom business doesn’t have to be like your college “group” paper.
Why collaboration can give you unlimited possibilities, grow your business, and lessen your workload.
Why figuring out what you really want will lead to less overwhelm.
Megan’s (1) question that will help you realize your true goals and get you to take action.
Meghan’s story of overwhelm and the techniques she uses to get herself out of it.
What your toes have to do with finding out what you really want out of life.
Why less really IS more
- A new collaborative project for publicity and how it will help you learn from others without having to put in all of the legwork.
Mompreneur Podcast Challenge:
Spread it over 5 days.
A genie in a bottle has given you 5 conversation wishes.
- Come up with 5 names of specific individuals with whom you want to most cultivate business relationships.
- Think about people in terms of people who create a need for what you do, or create a need for what you fulfill. Think about the specific conversations you would have with them. What would you offer them. What would you ask of them.
- The process of making this list helps you think about your business purpose and objectives from a relational standpoint, and is a way of thinking bigger than yourself, and is a way to make concrete actionable, achievable goals.
- Once you have your list of 5, pursue the sit down, phone conversation or email exchange.
- Repeat at the next stage and go for 5 more.
What’s one of your favorite business books, and what was the key take away?
The Power of Nothing.
The past doesn’t exist anymore, and the future doesn’t exist yet. Create future-looking conversations and don’t dwell on the past.
Favorite business quote?
“To attain knowledge, add things every day.
To attain wisdom, remove things every day.”
--Lao-tse, as quoted in The Tao of Poo.
What’s the one business tool you use that you cannot live without?
Trelo for managing projects collaboratively.
How Mom Business Owners can Connect with Megan:
Mom Business Expert Bio
Megan wants to live in a world ruled by possibility--where abundance trumps scarcity, generosity is reciprocal and commonplace, and conversations begin with "what if."
As a blogger and the owner of The Mogul Mom she's been featured in The Work at Home Woman, Business Soulwork and The Bizy Mom but mostly she specializes in championing the visions and efforts of mompreneurs within The Mogul Mom Member Community.
When she's not writing, scheming up new projects for her community or cultivating collaborative partnerships, you will find her relishing good food, conversation with friends, all things printed, stand-up comedy, documentaries, road trips and snuggles with her hysterical canine duo, Gus & Fergi.
Her two latest projects are the launch of a series of collaborative mompreneurial incubators (to amplify "doing" power) and spearheading a worldwide campaign--#shopthemomconomy--to promote mom-sourced businesses by encouraging moms (and all those who love them) to support mompreneurs with their purchasing power.
Learn how to make more possible through strategic conversation and collaboration at www.themogulmom.com.